Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No News is Good News....

Monday I had my monthly visit with the OB. I had to take the Glucose Tolerance Test. At my last appointment they gave me this little bottle of orange liquid, it looked like gatorade. Harmless enough I thought.

Little did I know.

45 minutes before my appointment on Monday, I had to drink the orange liquid in it's entirety within 5 minutes, and then record my finish time. The first sip really wasn't so bad, but after that it was all downhill. I had to chug it and I honestly didn't think i was going to get it down without it coming right back up and into the toilet.

Then about an hour after finishing the drink, they drew some blood to test for Gestational Diabetes. They told me "no news is good news" so if I didn't hear from them everything was fine. I haven't heard from them yet so let's hope I passed the test!
They also tested my thyroid again to make sure that I don't need to adjust my medication.

I now have to go back every 2 weeks, and the doctor told me to expect the baby to gain about 5 pounds in the next month or so. He said I'll notice my belly getting bigger everyday.

My next appointment is on March 2nd.

We're getting close!

2 comments:

  1. I remember going through that with my friend MariSol when she was prego with her first child. She said it was the most horrid thing ever! LOL!. I keep forgetting to tell you to document your belly growth ... I want to see a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Ok, it's not pretty but I will take a pic of my belly for you. You've been forewarned.

    ReplyDelete